New York City is a really nice place to visit for fun, entertainment, food, and, of course, broadway shows. My first visit to New York City for vacation was in 2010. This is when for the first time I met my Russian friend Vassily Primakov. At that time I was traveling together with Kary and Dee, two of my friends from Utah.
Since I was a “virgin” for broadway shows at that time, I didn’t know what to expect, since I am not a big fan of any theater performances. But after my first broadway show, my love for theatrical performances has increased and I started to go to broadway shows in NYC every time I visit that city.
My first two broadway shows were “La Cage aux Folles” (Friday, July 30th, 2010) and one quiet interesting singing show called “NBS” (haha, not going to disclouse more details about it).
Here is the list of most of the brodway shows that I remember and visited over a few years since I came to the United States:
- The Book of Mormon
- Chicago: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago:_The_Musical
- Evita: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evita_(musical)
- Fela! (didn’t really like it): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fela!
- Kinky Boots (excellent!): The Lion King
- La Cage aux Folles: http://www.entertainment-link.com/broadway/musicals/la-cage-aux-folles.asp
- Naked Boys Singing: http://www.entertainment-link.com/other-theater/off-broadway/musicals/naked-boys-singing.asp
- Priscilla Queen of the Desert: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priscilla,_Queen_of_the_Desert_(musical)
- How to Succeed in Business without Really trying: http://www.entertainment-link.com/broadway/musicals/how-to-succeed-in-business-without-really-trying.asp
- Follies (didn’t really like it): http://www.entertainment-link.com/broadway/musicals/follies.asp
- Cirque du Soleil show at Radio City Music Hall: http://www.entertainment-link.com/other-theater/off-broadway/theater-event/cirque-du-soleil-zarkana.asp
- Hugh Jackman Back on Broadway: http://www.entertainment-link.com/broadway/musicals/hugh-jackman-back-on-broadway.asp
- On a Clear Day You Can See Forever: http://www.entertainment-link.com/broadway/musicals/on-a-clear-day-you-can-see-forever.asp
- Christmas show at Radio City Music Hall: http://www.entertainment-link.com/family-events/radio-city-christmas-spectacular.asp
- Clybourne Park: http://www.entertainment-link.com/broadway/plays/clybourne-park.asp
- War Horse: http://www.entertainment-link.com/broadway/plays/war-horse.asp
- One Man Two Guvnors: http://www.entertainment-link.com/broadway/plays/one-man-two-guvnors.asp
- If there is I haven’t Found It Yet: http://www.entertainment-link.com/other-theater/off-broadway/plays/if-there-is-i-havent-found-it-yet.asp
- The Performers: http://www.entertainment-link.com/broadway/plays/the-performers.asp
- Bring It On The Musical (with amazing Cheerleading acrobatics): http://www.entertainment-link.com/broadway/musicals/bring-it-on-the-musical.asp
- Ghost The Musical: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_the_Musical
- Bonnie and Clyde: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnie_and_Clyde_(musical)
- The Mystery of Edwin Drood: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mystery_of_Edwin_Drood_(musical)
- A gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder: http://www.entertainment-link.com/broadway/musicals/a-gentlemans-guide-to-love-and-murder.asp
- Wicked (10 year anniversary): http://www.entertainment-link.com/broadway/musicals/a-gentlemans-guide-to-love-and-murder.asp
- Something Rotten!: http://www.entertainment-link.com/broadway/musicals/something-rotten.asp
- On the Town: http://www.entertainment-link.com/broadway/musicals/on-the-town.asp
- Violet: http://www.entertainment-link.com/broadway/musicals/violet.asp
- Bullets Over Broadway: http://www.entertainment-link.com/broadway/musicals/bullets-over-broadway.asp
- Cabaret: http://www.entertainment-link.com/broadway/musicals/cabaret.asp
Each of the shows is unique in its way. Some of us may love them and some may not. But it all depends on the taste. So, hopefully you can plan your future visits to broadway shows based on the list of the shows I visited.