Salt Lake City, Utah 84114 • (801) 372-4854
~A Practical Thinker who Pioneers Sales and Marketing Strategies that Enhance Revenue, Growth, and Profitability~
Personable, Analytical, and Cost-Conscious Technical Account Executive and Regional Sales Manager who drives consultative sales of technically complex products and services in highly competitive markets. Retain clients by building trusted relationships with influencers and decision makers, and through superior service. Achieve goals as project manager for launching new products and markets. Exceptional academic qualifications including BS degree in Computer Science and a BS degree in Electronics Engineering combined with superior sales skills. MBA graduate.
- Develop & Execute Strategic Marketing Plans • Technical Sales
- International Sales and Business Development • Project & Product Management
- Communications (verbal, written, presentation) • Complex Negotiations & Client Relations
FOSS NORTH AMERICA, Remote, Utah 2015 – Present
The FOSS organization has over 50 years’ experience in serving the Food Industry worldwide with quality analytical instrumentation. Well over 90% of all milk analysis worldwide is performed on FOSS instruments. FOSS North America supplies dedicated analytical solutions for quality and production control for the Food Industry in the following areas:
- Milk & Dairy Products
- Meat Processing
- Feed & Pet-food
- Wine & Brewed Products
- Milling & Baking
- Starch Processing
- General Food Processing
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER FOR PACIFIC NORTHWEST US
Responsible for full cycle account management and sales: prospecting, estimating, preparing bid proposals, technical assistance, preparing and conducting presentations and closing difficult sales within assigned region.
- Responsible for overall sales performance in territory that is met in manner that maximizes customer satisfaction and is within sales budget for that region
- Create sales strategies for each account including Key Accounts and national Accounts
- Create and manage territory plan including measurable goals, dollars by product line, and timetable for actions
- Maintain accurate records with respect to prospects, pre-implementation planning/proposal preparation, sales calls, quotations, pricing, etc., using CRM system
- Effective communication with the Regional Sales Director, Market Segment Managers and other persons in the company
- Provide input to marketing/sales with respect to competition and competitive pricing including products, applications, new product development etc.
- Travel as necessary to cover the territory.
Develops x-ray and optical technologies to enhance productivity and innovation of research labs (e.g. Brookhaven National Lab), gov’t agencies (e.g. NASA), universities, OEM and non-OEM customers. Sales tripled in 8 years.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE / TECHNICAL SALES ENGINEER
Strategically grow new and existing client relationships and sales. Consultatively sell X-ray components (detectors, sources, windows, etc.) and services. Leverage technical skills through entire sales cycle (prospecting, trusted rela- tionships, requirements, and sign deals). Sell in-person, virtually, at tradeshows and conferences.
- Increased sales in both Russian and Ukrainian markets from $0.00 to $1M+ in 3 years.
- Grew sales $500,000 annually and portfolio 10% with 100% client retention in the E. European markets.
- Achieved 100% client satisfaction with sales staff and customers by providing trainings to customers on exist- ing and new products. Developed lasting relationshipswith contacts to identify opportunities, nurture relation- ships and close deals in the US and Worldwide.
- Spearhead cross-functional project teams in the planning and execution of sales strategies, successfully pene- trating new markets with new products and services.
- Successfully developed, implemented, and modified web applications software and specialty utility programs for website to improve productivity and communication.
- Improved visibility on search engines 100% by successfully managing transition to new company website using personally authored website management strategies.Achieved the #1 ranking on top search engines such as Google for technical products’ key search terms, using superior SEO techniques.
- Managed marketing collaterals by creating 20 technical articles, datasheets, specifications, and application notes on website and PDFs.
- Lowered costs 68% and saved > $400,000 annually by collecting analyzing, and using market-specific technical data encompassing proprietary vendor knowledge and complex negotiating skills.
MBA, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, MAY, 2016
BS: COMPUTER SCIENCE & IS, Utah Valley State University, Orem, Utah, 2009
International Student Council Member. Undergraduate Research Project: “Conducting Field Surveys Using .NET Compact Framework on Mobile Devices” (Grade: A)
BS: ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING, Yuriy Fedkovych National University, Chernivtsi, Ukraine, 2002
Undergraduate Research Project: “Infrared Emission in the Semiconductor Receivers” (Grade: A)
X–ray: XRF, Analytical Equipment, Detectors, Sources, Medical Equipment, Microscopy, Spectroscopy
Applications: CRM: ACT! By Sage Premium; Visual Enterprise (order entry, RMA entry and processing, reports, etc.), quoting, invoicing, reporting. Crystal Reports; MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access and more
Web Development: Adobe Dreamweaver, C#; Java; CSS; AJAX, and Flash
Solving software and hardware problems: Backup/Restore Utilities; Help Desk/Tech Support; Computer Opera- tions; Hardware
Internet: SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Web Design, Graphics, Google Apps, Social Media; Promotion; Inter- net Marketing
Leadership and Management: Lead and Manage Projects, Product Planning and Product Release, Defining Project Scope and Timelines, Integrating Projects Into Operations, Creating an Organizational Vision, Strategic Objec- tives and a Long-Range Plan.
Personal: Problem Solving, Planning, Written and Verbal Communication, Cross-Cultural Work Environments, Multi- cultural Understanding, Critical Thinking, Safety Conscious, Social Commitment, Creativity
Russian, Ukrainian, English, Polish
Starting January 2015
Starting February 2013
Chief Web Developer and Manager for The Gina Bachauer International Piano Foundation website (www.bachauer.com)
Volunteered at Habitat for Humanity ReStore by creating a maintaining an extraordinary donor, volunteer and shopper experience in the store
Opportunities Vitaliy is looking for:
- Joining a nonprofit board
- Skills-based volunteering (pro bono consulting)
Causes Vitaliy cares about:
- Economic Empowerment
- Human Rights
- Poverty Alleviation
- Science and Technology
- Social Services
- Playing piano,
- weight lifting,
- web development,
- Vitaliy Mahidov on BrandYourself
- Vitaliy Mahidov on Twitter
- Vitaliy Mahidov on LinkedIn
- Vitaliy Mahidov on YouTube
- Vitaliy Mahidov on CompikDigital Technical Blog
- Vitaliy Mahidov on SearchEngineSeer
- Vitaliy Mahidov on SpectroScience Community Blog
- Vitaliy Mahidov on Pinterest
- Vitaliy Mahidov on Google+
- Vitaliy Mahidov on Facebook
(to request additional information, for new opportunities, resume, etc.)